|“|| Fang was once one of BoBoiBoy's enemies but has since became friends with him. He still argues constantly with BoBoiBoy but is ready to help him when trouble comes.|
He has the power to control shadows, that also allows him to summon animal forms such as the Shadow Eagle, Shadow Tiger, and the Shadow Dragon.
— Description from BoBoiBoy Galaxy website
Fang was born and raised on an undentified planet under two loving parents and an older brother named Kaizo. When he became of age, Fang started training under his own brother and joined his brother's team.
Sometime before the start of BoBoiBoy, Fang began studying Earth Life in preparation for his mission to infiltrate and spy on particular Earthlings.
Role in the Series
Fang makes his first appearance (though not considered his official debut) in the Extended Finale where he is seen at the Rintis Railway Station, exiting the train just as BoBoiBoy is about to leave Rintis Island.
He makes his official debut in Season 2, Episode 1, at Rintis Island Primary School as one of the students. During his time as a student, Fang began to loathe BoBoiBoy, even though the two had never formally met. Fang had been constantly compared to BoBoiBoy by classmates and teacher and as a result, Fang grew bitter towards BoBoiBoy. In the episode, he is shown to be anti-social and cold towards others. However, he spies on BoBoiBoy when he uses his Elemental Split to help out at Tok Aba’s shop. Ochobot notices Fang in the bushes and the robot unexpectedly glitches before passing out.
Fang reappears in The Haunted House (Season 2, Episode 2), where he attacks both BoBoiBoy and Adu Du's respective groups. He expresses his jealousy and resentment towards BoBoiBoy, telling him that it was his fault that he was unable to become popular. After this event he two kindle a fierce rivalry.
Their rivalry continues until he, BoBoiBoy and Gopal are forced to work together to defeat Adu Du (Season 2, Episode 6) and they eventually discover exactly how Ochobot gave him his Power Watch. Ever since Season 2, Episode 9 Fang is seen teaming up with BoBoiBoy against Adu Du.
When Ejo Jo invades Earth in the season finale, he along with BoBoiBoy are the only two who manage to hold on to their Power Watches when the alien takes the others. He plays an integral part in the battle when he summons a giant Shadow Dragon to destroy Ejo Jo’s powerful combat robot, P.E.T.A.I.
Directly after the events in Season 2, Fang has his Power Watch taken by Ejo Jo while he is unconscious. He gets it back after the alien is defeated and officially becomes part of BoBoiBoy’s gang.
After many battles with mostly arbitrary villains and major developments in other characters, Fang’s next biggest development came during the tailend of the Save The Planet special.
During the Earth carnival in ”Saving Planet Earth (Part 1)”, he joins the others in consoling a downtrodden BoBoiBoy in the classroom but soon leaves in a hurry upon receiving a message on his Power Watch. Later that night, he is seen in the Haunted House bringing up a hologram of Ejo Jo's ship, telling someone he has received the message and is now ready.
The next day, Fang is absent as BoBoiBoy’s gang and Adu Du’s Team prepare to confront Ejo Jo and his P.E.T.A.I. army. However, before they can engage, two more aliens arrive on Earth and defeat Ejo Jo in no time. Fang finally turns up and approaches the newcomers and it is revealed that Fang is not a human but an alien known as Private Pang. He has been tasked by Captain Kaizo, The Legendary Space Rebel, to find and retrieve the detected Power Watches on Earth—which were the ones under BoBoiBoy's Gang's possession—using any force necessary.
Although extremely reluctant, Fang is forced to fight his own friends to obtain their Power Watches—his own included—not only because they are Kaizo’s strict orders, but also to prevent his friends from getting hurt by his highly-skilled, seemingly ruthless captain.
Later, Fang contemplates where he actually stands morally and eventually decides to betray his captain in favor of his friends. He uses his newly revealed Perforation Power to steal the Power Watches back, planning to give them back to his friends when they intrude their ship. However, his plan is derailed when Kaizo reveals that he was aware of Fang's betrayal all along.
Subtly petrubed by Fang's betrayal, Kaizo offers another chance to BoBoiBoy, as well as Fang, to maintain possession of the Power Watches. There is only one condition: that they must defeat him and Lahap. They accept and Fang teams up with BoBoiBoy to battle Captain Kaizo.
Despite the difficult odds, BoBoiBoy’s Gang manages to defeat Kaizo. The captain reveals that his goal is actually to find righteous owners for the Power Watches and acknowledges that Fang and his friends have earned the right to them by showing they will only use their powers for good.
As they are about to leave, Kaizo gives Fang the option to return to Earth or remain with him. Ultimately, Fang decides to stay on Earth with his friends. He also reveals in passing that Kaizo is actually his older brother, much to his friend's fury as they believe he could have talked things out with him instead of letting them fight him.
Before the start of this series, Fang apparently left Earth and went back into space, presumably to continue his training under his brother, Kaizo. He had also joined the organization TAPOPS during this time, having passed the rigorous TAPOPS Toughness Test, as well as coming to a command of his own team, composed of two other members named Sai and Shielda.
He makes his debut in Episode 6, where he is en route of solo flight training. He receives an SOS signal from the TAPOPS spaceship and arrives to help them fend off the space mosquitoes that prey on spaceships’ fuel supply. However, because of the mushroom-like helmet, he is wearing, he is ridiculed by his friends, irritating him. Fang and BoBoiBoy manage to drive off the mosquitoes for good and he begins towing the spaceship towards the TAPOPS headquarters.
Fang is a young humanoid alien with raven hair in a messy sort of style. He has noticeable similar features to his older brother, Captain Kaizo, both having the same hair color and eye color (the latter more noticeable in Galaxy). He greatly resembles a human being, rather than the Kubulus alien that the Pulau Rintis residents are used to.
In Season 2, he wears a magenta and dark blue jacket, grey sleeveless vest-like shirt underneath it, dark blue pants and a tricolour belt. He also wears magenta-white shoes and pair of purple fingerless glove. Fang always showed with a full-frame purple glasses which later revealed be his Alien-tech mask. While in school, he wears a regular school uniform but has his jacket tied around his waist. He seems to have gotten a new pair of glasses in Season 3.
Three years older, Fang has grown much taller than he was before, as well as looking much more well built. He wears a long sleeveless maroon-coloured jacket over a dark purple sleeveless turtleneck. He has two gray belts, one around his waist and the other buckling diagonally across his torso. His pants are dark gray and he dons gray-purple boots with dark gray soles and bands near the top. He has a pair of fingerless gloves along with a white and maroon gauntlet on his right arm and his Power Watch on top of an arm warmer the same colour as gloves on his left. His glasses now have red frames, light blue lens and are attached to an ear piece similar to his brother’s mask.
Fang first presented himself as a cold and unfriendly demeanor, much like his much older brother, Kaizo. He displayed a pompous and arrogant attitude, as well as a strong resentment towards BoBoiBoy. Although he seems to be a relatively calm person, under this calm exterior is a fiery temper, which is can be set off at the drop of the hat, mostly towards BoBoiBoy. Eventually, after spending time with BoBoiBoy, most of the resentment faded away by the end of Season 2. One of Fang's ultimate goals in life is to 'popular' even when he was a spy on Earth, which might be a side effect to having a super popular older brother.
Despite being arrogant sometimes, Fang is one to acknowledge and admit his own mistakes and shows remorse when he does things wrong. Fang began to hold his friendship to one even greater than his own brother. He betrayed and defied Kaizo in favor of his friends in Season 3. Despite all his bad points, Fang wants to be a good person, as a representation of all alien-kind.
In BoBoiBoy Galaxy, Fang had reasonably matured. He no longer carried his rivalry, jealousy, or his resentment for BoBoiBoy. He matured as a leader, as he had been tasked as captain of organized teams as well as the leader of his own team. Fang had also grown quite trendy, as he had worn a questionably fashionable mushroom helmet because it was a new fashion trend. As the series progresses, Fang has developed a little bit of a milder and passive personality. He wasn't as willing to fight his friends in the original series. It is likely he mellowed out after training under his cold and indifferent older brother.
Skills and Abilities
- See more: List of Fang's Abilities
The kind of power that Ochobot gave to Fang is Shadow Manipulation. When Fang first received his power, he involuntarily conjured a huge Shadow Dragon that attacked Adu Du and Probe and nearly reached the city. Fang couldn't stop it, so Ochobot was the only one who could. After Ochobot stopped Fang's Shadow Dragon, he and Fang passed out from exertion, both apparently gaining some amnesia and losing their memories from that night. These memories resurfaced during the events of Season 2, Episode 8.
All of Fang's animal forms have glowing red eyes that appear to be on fire. Fang loses his power when it's sundown or sunset, as it was revealed in Season 2, Episode 2. This is most likely because there is no or limited light source for him to make shadows. However, when he first received his power, he was able to conjure a Shadow Dragon during nighttime. Another time when he used his power during nighttime was during Season 3, Episode 16 when he conjured a Shadow Tiger, Shadow Eagle, Shadow Shield and Shadow Finger Prick.
In Season 3, Episode 24, it is revealed that he has unlocked two new forms: Shadow Koala and Shadow Bear. This gives him a total of 16 shadow forms. He also revealed that he is actually an alien and has the ability to become intangible, like a ghost, thanks to his glasses (perforation power). However, Fang's ability when using his powers seems to have a limitation. He is only capable of using one type of power at a time, be it his Shadow Manipulation power or his Perforation Power.
In the movie, Fang receives an upgrade on his Shadow Manipulation. The upgrade enables him to fuse with his shadows, giving him the ability to use their powers, for example, Shadow Eagle's ability to fly.
- Shadow Tiger (Harimau Bayang) - His main attack. A large tiger made of shadows that responds to his commands. Formed to intimidate and attack his enemy.
- Shadow Scratch (Cakaran Bayang) - A command used to make the Shadow tiger scratch his foe.
- Shadow Shield (Perisai Bayang) - A dome-like shield made of shadows. Formed to protect himself or others.
- Shadow Shifter (Bentuk Bayang) - Used to make a black trail that hit any foes that get in it's way.
- Shadow Attack (Serangan Bayang) - Used to creating black mass out of shadows to blast his foes away.
- Shadow Hands (Jari Bayang) - Formed to trap his enemy.
- Shadow Cocoon (Kokun Bayang) - Formed by combining the Shadow Hands together.
- Shadow Speed (Gerakan Bayang) - An ability enabling Fang to run fast by enhancing his legs' movements.
- Shadow Eagle (Helang Bayang)- Formed to construct an eagle out of shadow as means of transportation, used it to get away from the Crazy Cat.
- Shadow Rat (Tikus Bayang) - Used against the crazy Cat.
- Shadow Dragon (Naga Bayang) - His first power, it was formed when Ochobot gave him his power, but Fang can't control it. In Season 2, Episode 13, Fang used this to break P.E.T.A.I.. Whenever Fang used this, he always faints after he used it.
- Shadow Hallway (Bayangan Lorong) - Used to protect his classmates.
- Shadow Finger Prick (Tusukan Jari Bayang) - Used to dodge BoBoiBoy Fire's attack in Season 3, Episode 16.
- Shadow Ejo Jo (Ejo Jo Bayang) - When Ejo Jo had Fang's power watch, he used this to attack Papa Zola.
- Shadow Koala (Koala Bayang) - This was used to distract BoBoiBoy Thunderstorm in Season 3, Episode 24 so Fang could attack him with the Shadow Polar Bear.
- Shadow Polar Bear (Polar Bear Bayang) - Used to attack BoBoiBoy Thunderstorm and then Captain Kaizo.
- Shadow Golem (Golem Bayang) - Combined with Earth Golem, use to attack Captain Kaizo.
- Shadow Grasp (Perangkap Jari Bayang) - Used to throw Space Bugs
- Insectivorous Shadow (Insectivorous Bayang) - Used to eat Space Bugs
Although Fang's power has manipulated by 11 forms by Season 2, Episode 10, only 5 of them are recognized by Ejo Jo's Computer—Tiger, Hands, Rat, Eagle, Dragon. This is likely because the said 5 are tangible forms as compared to the other 6—Scratch, Shield, Shifter, Attack, Cocoon, Speed.
- Fan mail answers reveal that:
- Fang wanted to be popular so he could fit in.
- Fang and Kaizo’s parents are alive and are staying on their home planet.
- Fang’s favourite genre is science-fiction.
- He and Kaizo can’t cook or bake, referred to in Episode 10.
- He and Ying wear glasses because they think it looks cool, not because they are short-sighted.
- Fang is a good singer.
- Before Fang came to Earth, he learned languages such as Malay and Mandarin through the videos from Earth to prepare for his mission.
- His Perforation Power was given back to Kaizo after he completed his mission Earth as his older brother needed it for another mission.
- Fang can speak Mandarin (Season 3, Episode 16) and Cantonese (BoBoiBoy: The Movie).
- He sang a Mandarin lullaby for BoBoiBoy in Season 3, Episode 16.
- He also spoke Cantonese in the movie when he apologized to his Shadow Tiger for summoning it by accident (he said "hai sye" which means "excuse me").
- It has been hinted throughout the series that ever since he came to Rintis Island, he has been living alone in The Haunted House. Though it was later revealed in a magazine that The Haunted House is not his place of residence and was merely a suitable training ground for him to practice his powers.
- In his cameo appearance in the last episode of Season 1, Fang was seen with pure black hair. But in his later appearances, his hair was seen as dark blue raven instead.
- It's unknown how Fang could have known about his power or how to use it since he revealed that he forgot how he got his Power Watch in Season 2, Episode 7.
- Before his name is revealed, he was known as the "Mystery Boy" (Budak Misteri) in the credits.
- His favorite food is Red Carrot Donut (Season 2, Episode 3). He loves it to such an extent that he will drop his "cool" facade upon seeing one.
- Coincidently, his brother, Kaizo, also enjoys 'Red Carrot' dishes (Kaizo's favorite dish is 'Red Carrot Soup').
- His first design was a concept of a ninja which wears penguins costume and it was called "Ninja Boy".
- He has basketball skills, shown in Season 2, Episode 4.
- A popular misconception is that Fang's real name is 'Pang', but in actuality, it's just a pet name that Kaizo uses for his brother. As a child, Fang was unable to pronounce his own name (as young children have trouble with the 'F' sound) and referred to himself as 'Pang'. Kaizo continues to call him this, mostly probably out of affection.
- Fang can play musical instruments like guitar and drum.
- Fang's voice has become slightly deeper since Season 2, Episode 7 because his voice actor Wong Wai Kay reached puberty in between Season 2, Episode 6 and Season 2, Episode 7.
- Fang and Kaizo’s parents are briefly mentioned by Fang in Season 3, Episode 23 when he tried to cheer up a sad BoBoiBoy when his parents could not come to the Earth Day Carnival
- His shadow power share similarities with Shikamaru Nara from anime Naruto.
- It was revealed in BoBoiBoy Galaxy comic Vol. 3 that he gains 85 points in the writing test in Easy A test.
- Assuming that Fang achieves 100 points during the focus test, he gets a minimum of 55 points in the survival test.
- A post from BoBoiBoy's official Instagram revealed that he rooms with Sai in TAPOPS station.
- Another post from the official Instagram confirms that he and Gopal almost never get along.