|“||Jokertu is one of the new villains that BoBoiBoy and friends encountered in their journey through the galaxy. With his arsenal of power cards and scepter, Jokertu will oppose those who dare to stand in his way.||”|
— Description from BoBoiBoy Galaxy website
Jokertu is a villain that appears in BoBoiBoy Galaxy.
Before the events of BoBoiBoy, Jokertu was supposedly an avid card dueler, enough for him to earn the title of 'Galaxy Nusaigima's Reigning Card Dueling Champion'.
Jokertu debuts in Episode 7, where he attacks the TAPOPS Headquarters. He turned a majority of people into cards, before he is defeated in a card duel against Papa Zola. He was taken into custody into TAPOPS, having been transformed to a card himself.
In Episode 12, Jokertu is released by CardBot from being a card and was harshly interrogated, to find out how he had found TAPOPS and under what orders he was sent under. After being threatened by Tarung, he admitted that he was sent as a distraction from Panto, who is stealing the Power Spheres in TAPOPS. He was last seen being guarded by Fang, Sai, and Shielda.
He is currently a prisoner at the TAPOPS Space Station.
While Jokertu uses the cards that CardBot had given him to turn people into cards, Jokertu is also a very agile and flexible individual. He is lithe and was quick enough to avoid BoBoiBoy's attacks and catch up with them.
He is also a skilled card duelist, claiming to be 'Galaxy Nusaigima's Reigning Card Dueling Champion'. His deck is 'The Dragon's Fury' which is supposedly his strongest and most legendary dueling deck, including creatures such as The Bone Dragon, The Twin Copper Dragons, and Twin Headed Dragon.
Jokertu is a humanoid alien with dark skin, red eyes with light-blue sclera. He wears a joker-jester styled red and yellow suit. He also has small white freckles on he's face.
- His name is based on card deck character in real-life, Joker.
- He also probably based of a DC-Supervillains and Batman greatest archenemies named The Joker and a Marvel character named The Collector.
- In Malaysian, 'Jokertu' is a pun, meaning 'That Joker' ('tu' meaning 'that'). BoBoiBoy lampshades this in the episode.
- However, in this episode, "Jokertu" refered as "Jo Ker Tu" , meaning "Is that Joe", according to their conversation. "Jokertu?" "Yea, that's Jo" "How do you know it's Jo?" "Not Jo, its name is Jokertu"
- Despite the fact that no one else can move when turned into a card, Jokertu still had spacial awareness and was able to move.