Sai wears traditional type clothing, akin something similar to a ninja. He wears his shield weapon in a form of an Asian conical hat.
Sai first appears in BoBoiBoy Galaxy in Episode 11 alongside his sister Shielda, as Fang's teammates in Team A, and assigned to stop BoBoiBoy and friends from reaching their objective, which was to retrieve the Power Sphere. He and Shielda relentlessly attacked BoBoiBoy and his friends, as well as provoking BoBoiBoy enough to activate his new elemental form, Fire. Despite trying to keep up with his attacks, Sai was eventually overpowered. He was later evacuated when the volcano started collapsing.
He makes another cameo in Episode 16 defending the TAPOPS station alongside Fang and Shielda.
Sai, like his sister, is shown to be a fairly serious and efficient person. They are devoted to their orders that they are given and follow through it to the fullest. Sai is strong-willed and seems to get a bit heated in combat, showing his unwillingness to be defeated, despite obviously being overpowered by BoBoiBoy Fire.
Skills and Abilities
In addition to being adept with his weapon, Sai is shown to be very lithe and flexible. He can jump from high places and can easily dodge attacks.
His main weapon is a shield that he wears like an Asian conical hat. Using his finger, he can control his shield's movements and directions. When he throws it, it can hit and cut any targets, and fly back to him like a boomerang. He can command his shield to move in zigzag movements to make it more difficult for his opponents to predict its exact movements.
When it hits the ground, it creates an explosion that can knock opponents off. He also uses it for defense, such as cutting rocks flying towards him or to shield off attacks. Surprisingly, the shield moves fast enough to be unaffected by Ying's Time Manipulation when it enters the slow-mo field created by Ying.
Maximum Spin seems to be Sai's most powerful skill as he uses it in the last resort in an attempt to defeat BoBoiBoy Fire. However, even with the shield spinning in maximum speed, it can still be caught and stop by BoBoiBoy Fire's hand and later, after being powered up by Fire and Tarung's teeth.
- His name "Sai" is the last three letters from the word "Perisai", which means "shield" in Malay, which is also his weapon.
- Additionally, the name 'Sai' can also originate from the Japanese name '哉' (Sai) which means 'paint', though the Malay meaning makes much more sense.
- In the BoBoiBoy Galaxy comic Vol. 3, he is revealed to be the elder twin brother to Shielda.
- According to a post from BoBoiBoy’s official Instagram he and Shielda are well-respected by and good friends with BoBoiBoy‘s gang and often train with them and give them pointers.
- Another post from Instagram reveals that he rooms with Fang in TAPOPS station.