|“||Admiral Tarung is one of the founding fathers of TAPOPS. He stepped out of retirement after the news of the attack on TAPOPS Space Station.||”|
— Description from BoBoiBoy Galaxy website
Not much is known about Tarung's early life, but he had spent a sum of his time working in TAPOPS as one of it's legendary admirals. He made a big name for himself that even Adu Du and Probe knew that he was one to be feared.
At some point in time, he retired from his position and now works as a conservationist, specializing in taking care of endangered species. He no longer kept in contact with TAPOPS, other than to exchange a few words and to get clean clothes from the TAPOPS' cover laundry station.
Tarung makes his first appearance in Episode 9 of BoBoiBoy Galaxy, where he protects BoBoiBoy and Fang from being hypnotized by Katakululu. Using his sheer intimidation, he was able to best the hynofrog and captured him, trying to peserve the rare species.
Later he revealed that he was actually the recipient for the laundry bags that BoBoiBoy and his small team were supposed to deliver. After receiving the message that TAPOPS was in danger, he sets off with BoBoiBoy to aid the organization.
According to Adu Du, Tarung is known for his harshness and sheer skill, though Tarung looks like pretty mild during their first encounter.
Tarung shares most of his appearance akin to the elusive white tiger. He has blue hair with white highlights and a pair of sharp blue eyes. He has white skin with black stripes, that change to orange with black stripes when he is enraged. He wears a skin-tight blue tank top with orange and black camo pants. Tarung appears to be wearing military-grade blue boots as well as a watch and a bangle on his wrists.
Skills and Abilites
- Power Band (Jam Kuasa): Tarung has a power band in his hand, but his power has never been used again.
- Tarung Gloves (Sarung Tarung): Tarung may cover himself with a tiger-like sarong as his hand looks to have nails. With this form, Tarung was able to defeat his enemy with only one attack.
See more: Tarung/Relationships.
- In Malay and Indonesian, "Tarung" means "Fight".
- When he gets a bit angry, his skin turns from white to reddish.
- However, when Tarung reacted to BoBoiBoy and Gopal's Laksa recipe, the background shows an image of him during his childhood, still with reddish skin.
- He bears a close resemblance to Uno, the villain from Agent Ali series, another Malaysian animated series.
- He is the third character who can eat Yaya's biscuits without faint, after Probe and Lieutenant Lahap.
- He is similar to Gado the Lion from Bloody Roar game series back in the 90s, aside from the scarred face.
- He is the second character that have multiple personality, the first one is Yaya Yah.